FLYING FISH COMPANY
Restaurant • Market • Oyster Bar
3004 East Burnside Street
- Sunday: 10am-7pm
- Monday: 10am-7pm
- CLOSED TUESDAY
- Wednesday: 10am-7pm
- Thursday: 10am-7pm
- Friday: 10am-7pm
- Saturday: 10am-7pm
NOTE: Beginning Friday July 17th, we'll be open until 8pm.
Online orders must be placed by 5:30pm
Check out our press section for recent coverage.
PATIO OPEN FOR OUTDOOR DINING & DRINKS
(Scroll down for this week's fresh list and menu)
OUR PATIO IS OPEN.
You can also order ahead from the restaurant for pickup - please place your order by 5:30pm. Have a look and do that RIGHT HERE.
Our fish market remains open as well. Wear your mask and gloves and just stop by the shop. Four people inside at a time, please. You can also order online for delivery (no pickup for online fish & grocery orders).
NECESSARY COVID HOUSE RULES:
- MASKS & DISTANCING: Our staff will be wearing masks, and we ask that you do the same when inside the shop and moving around the grounds. (You don't have to at your table.) Maintain six feet or more of distance from other parties.
- PLEASE CLEAR YOUR TABLE: We're using VerTerra compostable dinnerware for Phase 1, and we ask that you please dispose of it when you're done. We clean and disinfect each table between each use.
- CREDIT/DEBIT/EBT CARDS ONLY: For both restaurant and market. No cash, please.
- PLEASE BE MINDFUL OF OTHERS WAITING FOR TABLES: Sorry to even say this, but with limited seating, we want to make sure we can serve everyone.
Thank you thank you thank you.
*** Please do not park in the bike lane on Burnside. ***
FREE first-time delivery with promo code STOCKUP
FRESHIES: July 10 - 17 or so
* = Sushi grade
*** All products are subject to change and supply. ***
* FRESH FISH *
Accurate as of 7/10
- Ivory King Salmon - wild, Pacific Ocean (Yakutat, Alaska)
- Sockeye Salmon - wild, Pacific Ocean (Yakutat, Alaska) - $11.99/lb whole fish, $15.99/lb fillet
- King/Chinook Salmon - wild, troll caught, Pacific Ocean (Yakutat, Alaska) - $14.99/lb whole fish, $24.99/lb fillet
- King/Chinook Salmon - sustainable farm-raised, Ora King Salmon, New Zealand
- Pacific Halibut Cheeks - wild, Pacific Ocean (Yakutat, Alaska)
- Pacific Halibut - wild, Pacific Ocean (Oregon)
- Branzino - sustainable farm-raised, Greece - pictured at right
- Sablefish/Black Cod - wild, Pacific Ocean (Oregon)
- Petrale Sole - wild, Pacific Ocean (Oregon)
- Rockfish - wild, Pacific Ocean (Oregon)
- Lingcod - wild, Pacific Ocean (Oregon)
- Steelhead - sustainable farm-raised, Washington
- Albacore Tuna* - wild, Pacific Ocean (Oregon)
- Bigeye Ahi Tuna* - wild, Pacific Ocean (Hawaii)
- Escolar* - wild, Pacific Ocean (Hawaii)
- Swordfish - wild, Pacific Ocean (Hawaii)
* Sushi grade fish
** - All fish are subject to change and supply
* FRESH SHELLFISH *
Accurate as of 7/10
- Quahogs (Ocean Clams) - wild, Atlantic Ocean (Maine)
- Littleneck Clams - wild, Maine
- Venus Clams - wild, Baja California, Mexico
- Manila Clams - sustainable farm-raised, Washington
- Purple Savory Clams - sustainable farm-raised, Washington
- Whales Cove Mussels - wild, Baja California, Mexico
- Dungeness Crab Meat - wild, OR/WA, cooked and picked, ready to eat
- Bay/Pink/Salad Shrimp - wild, Pacific Ocean (Oregon), cooked and peeled, ready to eat
- Atlantic Scallops - wild, Atlantic Ocean (Massachusetts)
- Shucked Oysters - sustainable farm-raised, Willapa Bay, WA
** - All shellfish are subject to change and supply
* FRESH OYSTERS *
Accurate as of 7/10
- Capital (Washington)
- Eld Inlet (Washington)
- Kokus (Washington)
- Kumamoto (Washington)
- Kumiai (Mexico)
- Rucos (Washington)
- Sea Cow (Washington)
- Shigoku (Washington)
- Summerstone (Washington)
- Tidepoint (Washington)
** - All oysters are subject to change and supply.
* FRESH MEATS *
Accurate as of 7/3
- CHICKEN - Marion Acres, Hillsboro, OR
- PORK - Tails & Trotters, Portland, OR - Pork chops, coppa, ground pork
- LAMB - Reister Farms, Washougal, WA - Chops, ground lamb, leg steaks
- BEEF - Painted Hills Natural Beef, John Day, OR - Boneless ribeye
- BEEF - Carman Ranch, Wallowa Valley, OR - Flank, coulotte, briske
- BEEF - Laney Family Farms, Canby, OR - Ground beef
- EGGS - Chicken Scratch Farm, Eagle Creek, OR
** - All meat are subject to change and supply
* SMOKED FISH STUFF *
Accurate as of 7/10
- Smoked WA Steelheadº
- Smoked Ora King/Chinook Salmonº
- Smoked Salmon Belliesº
- Smoked Salmon Collarsº
- Smoked Scallops (Ekone)
- Smoked Oysters (Ekone)
- Smoked Idaho Trout
º Flying Fish house-smoked product, Gildersleeve family recipe
AND NOW, THE PANTRY SUPPLIES
OTHER FISH PRODUCTS TO GO **
- Tre-fin Day Boat Tuna Packs
- Spanish Boquerones (Anchovies)
- One for Neptune White Fish Jerky
- Matiz Sardines
- Matiz Octopus
- Squid Ink
- Nori Sheets
BEER AND WINE **
- Always changing. Always local and PNW.
PANTRY STUFF **
- Ruby Jewels Ice Cream Sandwiches
- Carman Ranch Grass Fed Beef Snack Sticks & Jerky
- Secret Aardvark Sauce
- Portland Ketchup
- Jacobsen Sea Salt
- Vincent Dried Cranberries & Blueberries
- Humble Bee Honey
- Alexis Tahini
- Seka Hills Olive Oil, Balsamic Vinegar, and Olio Nuovo
- Zocalo Aji Amarillo, Limo, and Panca
- Mama Lil's Spicy Peppers, Peppalils, and Asparagini
- Fava Beans
- Jasmine Rice
- Casa Linda Chipotle Peppers
- Fresh Garlic
** Pantry products, like all the others, are subject to change.
FLYING FISH RESTAURANT MENU TO-GO
@FLYINGFISHPDX SIGNOFF AND DISCLAIMER
This email was accurate at the time of its weekly(ish) writing. Some products come and go quicker than others, so for best results on the freshness, follow us on the social medias: Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter. And tag us in your Instagram pics @flyingfishpdx - we love seeing your food pics!
Lyf Gildersleeve and the Flying Fish Team: Andrea, Anna, Aphid, Brooklyn, Charles, Danny, Elliot, Erik, Hayley, Jordan, Kevin, Mad Dog, Neebs, Peter, Ryan P, Ryan S, Sam, Sawyer, Silvia, and Brad
Craig Gildersleeve opened Flying Fish Company in Sandpoint, Idaho in 1979 - the year before his son Lyf was born. Lyf, president of Flying Fish Company, has spent his entire life around fish, including an aquaculture education at the Harbor Branch Oceanographic Institute at Florida Atlantic University.
Flying Fish has three locations: Sandpoint, Idaho; Durango, Colorado; and Portland, Oregon. The Portland location opened in 2009 as a food cart at the D Street pod on Division Street. In 2011, we opened the fish shack on Hawthorne Boulevard. In 2016, we moved into a stand at Providore Fine Foods on Sandy Boulevard. In February 2020, we opened our standalone location on East Burnside.
* * *
Thank you for supporting our family-owned business.
- Lyf, Natalie, Juniper, and Miles Gildersleeve
* * *