FLYING FISH COMPANY
Now open at 3004 East Burnside Street!
Flying Fish Market, Oyster Bar, and Restaurant
- Sunday & Monday, 10am-9pm
- CLOSED TUESDAY
- Wednesday & Thursday, 10am-9pm
- Friday & Saturday, 10am-10pm
Check our events page HERE.
Check out our press section for recent coverage.
FREE first-time delivery with promo code FREEDELIV1ST
Estimated Fresh List for Opening Week
(regular updates of fish list will return after we open)
* = Sushi grade
*** FRESH FISH ***
- Black cod/sablefish - wild, Pacific Ocean (Oregon) - fillets
- Petrale sole - wild, Pacific Ocean (Oregon)
- Rockfish - wild, Pacific Ocean (Oregon)
- Steelhead - sustainable farm-raised, Washington
- King/Chinook Salmon - sustainable farm-raised, Ora King Salmon, New Zealand
- Bigeye Ahi Tuna* - wild, Pacific Ocean (Hawaii)
- Tombo/Albacore Tuna* - wild, Pacific Ocean (Hawaii)
- Branzino - sustainable farm-raised, Greece
* - Sushi grade fish
*** FRESH SHELLFISH ***
- Atlantic Scallops - wild, Atlantic Ocean (Massachusetts)
- Manila Clams - sustainable farm-raised, Washington
- Dungeness Crab Meat - wild, OR/WA - cooked and picked
- Dungeness Crab - wild, OR/WA - whole cooked crabs
- Mediterranean Mussels - sustainable farm-raised, Washington
*** FRESH OYSTERS ***
• Check back in February!
- OYSTER (Source)
FLYING FISH SUSHI CLASS IS FOR THE CHILDREN
Big shoutout to everyone who came to January's sold out first sushi class at the new location. We got another one coming for ya on Tuesday, February 25th, 6-8pm.
Chef Kevin Trinh of Hook & Line Sushi Catering and his old Bamboo mate Erik Englund bring the realness: sushi fish, sushi knowledge, sushi dinner. You learn, you eat, it rules - and you can bring your kids. The event is $75 for adults and $60 for kids. Sign up HERE.
Reminder: Flying Fish opens for real for real on Monday, February 10th.
@FLYINGFISHPDX SIGNOFF AND DISCLAIMER
Typical and necessary disclaimer!
1) All of the above is just this week's freshness. Check the freezer for even more fishes and meats!
2) This email was accurate at the time of its weekly(ish) writing. Some products come and go quicker than others, so for best results on the freshness, follow us on the social medias: Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter. And tag us in your Instagram pics @flyingfishpdx - we love seeing your food pics!
Lyf Gildersleeve and the Flying Fish Team: Ryan, Andre, Hayley, Kevin, Erik, Charles and Brad
* * *
Craig Gildersleeve opened Flying Fish Company in Sandpoint, Idaho in 1979 - the year before his son Lyf was born. Lyf, president of Flying Fish Company, has spent his entire life around fish, including an aquaculture education at the Harbor Branch Oceanographic Institute at Florida Atlantic University.
Flying Fish has four locations: Sandpoint, Idaho; Durango, Colorado; Park City, Utah; and Portland, Oregon. The Portland location opened in 2009 as a food cart at the D Street pod on Division Street. In 2011, we opened the fish shack on Hawthorne Boulevard. In 2016, we joined forces with our friends at Providore Fine Foods on Sandy Boulevard, and in 2017, we moved all our operations there. In February 2020, we're opening a new, standalone location on East Burnside.
* * *
Thank you for supporting our family-owned business.
- Lyf, Natalie, Juniper, and Miles Gildersleeve
* * *
FLYING FISH COMPANY (OPENING FEBRUARY 10, 2020)
3004 East Burnside Street * Portland, Oregon 97214 * 971-806-6747